job seekers benefit

biddy123

I work in a school and so sign on for the weeks the school is closed. So signed on for the half term and thought I would get benefit for 4 days. But when I got it, I only got three days, as apparently Wed is a Z day, ( so I was told by Social Welfare) and therefore you cant get benefit for that day. Has anyone ever heard of this? Makes no sense whatsoever

A person can't be paid for more than 5 days in the jobseeker benefit week, combining work and jobseeker payments. The Jobseeker's Benefit week runs from Thursday to Wednesday, so if you were working Thursday and Friday prior to the mid-term, you were paid benefit for Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, but not Wednesday. The Z designation is a day of unemployment that isn't paid for.

A person can't be paid for more than 5 days in the jobseeker benefit week, combining work and jobseeker payments. The Jobseeker's Benefit week runs from Thursday to Wednesday, so if you were working Thursday and Friday prior to the mid-term, you were paid benefit for Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, but not Wednesday. The Z designation is a day of unemployment that isn't paid for.

The Monday was a bank hol, so got paid for that from work. Got a payment for Tues, and then got a payment for Thurs and Fri. So I didnt get paid for more than 5 days,

So, did you get paid Thurs from work, Fri from work, Sat from social, Mon (BH) from work, Tues from social? Thats your 5 days. As gipimann says, the week starts on a Thursday.

Back