Job seekers benefit

RachCork

I have been working for eight years since I was seventeen, i changed employment 7months ago to what I thought was a better version of my old job. Turns out it wasn't and I hate the new job.I dread work I am unhappy I cry every morning I never switch off I can't eat nd I have no friends in the new place I am isolated in a job I hate nd I've wanted to leave for months but I keep pushing myself to try again I can't do it anymore tho so I went to my doctor last week nd he signed my off for two weeks but my work wants me to ring every few days and confirm I'm still off nd the stress is killing me so I've decided to hand in my notice...my question is how will I fair in regards to job seekers benefit? Will the 9 week disqualification apply in this case? Since my mother passed away suddenly a few months ago I am the sole earner in my house (my dad was my mothers carer nd hasn't returned to work yet) so I can't afford the disqualification period

It's at the discretion of social welfare so tell them the stress you were under and with any luck you won't be disqualified. Get letter from doctor to back it up.

Back