Job seekers benefit and casual work

Bryan99

Registered User
Messages
62
Three weeks before Christmas I was approved for Job Seeker's Allowance. However, over the Xmas I was offered some casual work (about ten days in total) which I took. I am not due to sign on for another four weeks and am wondering if I am still entitled to claim?

I know you can do some casual work before losing your job seeker's benefit but citizensinformation.ie does not provide the cut-off point.

Does anyone here know?
 
If you worked for 10 days continuously (i.e. 2 weeks), you have to sign off for those 2 weeks, and would not be entitled to Jobseeker's payment for those weeks.

If you're working a day here and there, as FutureProof said, you can claim for the days you're not working.

If you're on Jobseeker's Allowance, bear in mind it is means-tested, so the Local Office will require proof of your earnings to check your entitlements.

I suggest you call to the local office as soon as you can and give them the details.
 
Back
Top