Job Seekers after Maternity Benefit

boe

Hi All,

My wife was working on a year long contract during 2015 (working a 3 day week). She was on a contract prior to this also working 5 days a week.

She is currently receiving the state maternity benefit and this is up next week. Is she entitled to Job Seekers benefit following this?

Thanks in advance.

Realistically, she is hoping to take the summer off and pick up something in September as we have provisional childcare arrangements made for then. I suppose my question is, is she entitled to claim?

Yeah....if jsb...you won't get too much hassle. Just make sure to tick the box that available for work and send off some applications, register with an agency.

One of the rules is "Be available for and genuinely seeking work" - so no, not "entitled".

Yeah....if jsb...you won't get too much hassle. Just make sure to tick the box that available for work and send off some applications, register with an agency.

One of the reasons we pay so much tax so that these type of fraudulent job seeker claims can be paid.

I'm not suggesting anything underhand! In the industry I work in it can take up to 3 months to get a job. For example I applied for my last job in Sep 2012 and after eight interviews and medical was offered it in May 2013. I do appreciate this is extreme!

My point was that this woman has to be looking for work but in the interim can claim jsb

Back