Job Seeker Beneft and PRSI paid credits

laila

Anyone know if it is possible to pay for credits when on Job seekers benefit?

I know that when in receipt of Job Seekers Benefit one gets credits towards the contributory pension but in calculating future entitlement to pension there is a difference between paid credits and credited credits if you know what I mean. I understand that I have to have min 520 paid credits before the benefit of calculating in the credited credits kicks in. I am worried that I will not make the 520 min as I have only recently started paying A class PRSI.
Thanks.

Thanks that did answer my query I can make voluntary paid contributions to make up any weeks I don't work in the year.

"If an employee is no longer covered by Compulsory PRSI and they are under 66, they may opt to pay voluntary contributions. These can help maintain or improve a person's pension entitlements.
To become a voluntory contributor you must:

• have at least 260 weeks of PRSI paid
  • apply within 12 months of the tax year during which you last paid or had a PRSI credit."

If you are concerned about having less than 520 (which I suspest may change) payments made during your working life would you not wait and see if you will have the can reach the magic figure first and then pay the contributions at the later stage or close to pension age,

Have you got a full record of all PRSI paid since you first started work

Back