Job path/carer benefit

brickhouse

Hi,
I was made redundant in April 2021. After Easter I have a call with job path for my career progression.
Just before my redundancy I was going to apply for carers benefit for my asd child as juggling was becoming a bit much between behaviours and collecting and lack of sleep.
I receive domicillary allowance and an incapacitated tax credit. As a family we are over the limit for carers allowance etc

I know for carers benefit I have to be in employment but has this changed with the pandemic?

Hi,
I was made redundant in April 2021. After Easter I have a call with job path for my career progression.
Just before my redundancy I was going to apply for carers benefit for my asd child as juggling was becoming a bit much between behaviours and collecting and lack of sleep.
I receive domicillary allowance and an incapacitated tax credit. As a family we are over the limit for carers allowance etc

I know for carers benefit I have to be in employment but has this changed with the pandemic?
Hi, sorry about your situation.

There's seems to be confusing and conflicting info on eligibility criteria re being in employment, in one section it says you have left your job or reduced hours and then goes on to say, you must have have been employed for 8 out the past 26 weeks. This would seem to suggest if you leave your job or reduce hours you must apply within a prescribed time but its not saying that from what I can see.

Like illness benefit, contributions etc are assessed and the relevant tax year for an application in 2022 would be 2020 which you would have sufficient paid.

There was no changes to qualifying criteria during pandemic that I'm aware of. My sense is a call or email to the section dealing with this might be the quickest way to get clarity on the issue issue about being in employment.

I presume you've seen the attached but will link just in case.

Good luck

Back