Jim Langan Furniture

roxy

Hi,

I ordered a table and 4 chairs and a bed from Jim Langan's in Liffey Valley the 1st week in May (think it was the 5th but don't have docket to hand). They told us delivery was 4 - 6 weeks on table and chairs but the bed would be in in 2 weeks. That was grand, we paid half of the total and collected the bed 2 weeks later. The table and chairs however is still not in and it's hitting the 13th week. I've called them every week since the 7th week and each time they've told me next week, we'll call you when it's in. I have not had a phone call to date. €170 is the amount paid off the table (as we have the bed) and I've a balance of €700 ish to pay. Is there anyway out of this now because it's taking so long, not to mention their complete lack of customer service?

I think you might be able to cancel order alright bu they will prob only give you a credit note for the €170. Below is a paragraph I copied from [broken link removed]

If you change your mind

The consumer has no rights to a remedy (refund) if what is involved is a change of mind or 'second thoughts' about the goods after purchase.

Best of Luck
Finbarr

It's not an unusual situation-furniture is generally delayed during the summer-we went through the same thing ourselves. They are probably waiting for delivery of the table and chairs themselves.

Thanks for that Finbarr, I mentioned a few words from that and it's amazing - they just got a delivery in this morning and they're just going to check it off to make sure mine is there. Yeahhh! No more camp chair and lap to eat dinner, I will have an actual table to sit at and a real chair to sit on! Happy days. Thanks guys

Back