Java/ByteVerify virus.

D

demoivre

My AVG antivirus software ( Free addition ) has picked up the virus above on my system. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? The avg software says a patch is available on the Microsoft site but a search there brings up nothing. Any help appreciated.

I got that a few times on various websites and AVG managed to clear it on its own. Anything useful ?

By the way, note that AVG 6.0 Free Edition is reaching its end of life and is being superceded by [broken link removed]. Ditto for the commercial versions.

Java/ByteVerify virus

Thanks Clubman. I have AVG 7.0 - strange that yours eliminated this prob. and mine didn't. I am also up to date with Windows and am firewalled. I have cleared the Java cache and disabled the feature but this hasn't solved the problem although the AVG software is telling me I am clear of any viruses.
My browser is not showing me the history of websites visited and regularly shows a red "x" in a box where there should be graphics. When I click on this box I'm being told page can't be displayed, the back forward buttons won't work and clicking on anything in my Favorites results in a pop up telling me there is a problem with shortcuts. I then have to close down the browser and reopen it. I am very perplexed to say the list !!

ms

Try this ms link for the patch youre looking for.

Ive solved the "red x" problem in the past by reinstalling java

Java/ByteVerify virus

A reboot of my system after clearing the Java cache again seems to have done the trick this time.
Thanks again Clubman for the links above - much appreciated.

Re: Java/ByteVerify virus

I have AVG 7.0 - strange that yours eliminated this prob. and mine didn't

I was still running AVG 6.0 Free Edition and it seemed to fix the problem. Maybe I did a reboot too and that makes all the difference?

Maybe I did a reboot too and that makes all the difference?

Yeah, seems to be the case alright. My system worked perfectly immediately after the reboot which I did just after clearing and disabling the Java cache.

which I did just after clearing and disabling the Java cache.

Do you mean that you cleared/disabled the Java cache in your browser or somewhere else? And do you mean Java caching specifically or browser caching in general? The other thing that I could have done was to clear my cache as I tend to do that fairly regularly.

Do you mean that you cleared/disabled the Java cache in your browser or somewhere else?

Here is what I did Clubman:

Start > Control panel > Java plugin > cache > click " clear" > uncheck " Enable caching" > click " Apply ".

Then I rebooted and everything worked fine.

Back