Jackie Skelly Gym - what are you paying?

God no - I absolutely do not work for Ben Dunne!!! I am simply a new and impressed member of one of his clubs. I swear.

Im in ballsbridge,paying 69 a month.the gym so far seems grand.its not busy at all which i like but the staff aren't exactly engaging with the customers.the membership guy i signed up with was nice though he always asks me how im getting on and if theres anything i need etc so now i go straight to him dont even bother with the actual gym staff.i do find it annoying though that it says the gym is open til 9 but the cleaners come out at 8.30 so you cant use anything after that.what is everyone else in ballsbridge paying?when i joined the only thing i was asked to sign was a contact form with my phone number and address, no t+cs and no contract was mentioned. I asked how would i cancel and was told anytime after 10 months. No discount for paying up front.

Signed up in Drogheda 2 weeks ago for €69 per month which is €828 for the year. They waived the joining on fee. I would not have joined otherwise. In terms of value for money, it can be but only if you go in there 2-3 times a week. I myself use the hefty price as another motivation to go, as well as the obvious other motivations that one should have.
By the way, the Drogheda JS is spotless, well run and the best gym I have been in.

Sorry gebbel, but I have to disagree with you here. I joined JS gym when it first opened in Drogheda - only actually got to use it twice and cancelled my membership after 14mths ... well, tried to cancel. Despite their promise to contact members if they don't see you in the gym after a few weeks, I was never contacted. For 5 mths I tried cancelling membership - eventually instructed my bank to make a claim against them for unlawful deductions from my account. Try finding any administrative staff in the Drogheda gym who are prepared to discuss membership!!

i joined jackie skellys 3 weeks ago for 48 euro.i asked for that in writing and that that price wont ever go up.the manager said as long as im a member the price wont go past 48 euro.i asked for that in writing.she did that then asked why i wanted that.i told her that i have written proof that the price will never go up and if it does i can go to a solicitor.she said if shed known that she wouldent have written that.how she didnt cop on to that in the first place.

Jackie Skelly

I joined my local JS gym in January 2009. Althought I joined at the end of Jan, I was told I still had to pay for it. However the girl said, when Dec comes and you decide you want to leave, you can continue to use the gym in Jan 2010 for free. I was also told I would accrue points for every visit I made and turn these into vouchers. By Dec 2009 I had enough of JS gym and left after making sure my 12th payment had been made. I never got any vouchers, only requests to take out this, that and the other. They have been chasing me every since saying I owe them 2 months notice cause I was on a rolling contract and not a fixed term 12 month contract. They recently offered me a discount on what they say I owe. To date, I have not paid anything. In my mind, I am very clear that I don't owe them a single penny.

I got a phone call like that after I had received a letter saying I owed them €120, I was told in a very rude aggressive manner that they will chase me for the money. Several letters later I still have not paid. I joined for 12 months and paid for 12 months and that as far as I am concerned was that. I was very worried when I got those phone calls and letters but now I will take my day in court if it comes to that.

I had the same issue - my wife and I joined for 12 months and were advised of such when we joined.

Made 12 payments and wrote to them advising that I was leaving, had made my twelfth payment and was cancelling my direct debit.

A Debt collection agency aggressively contacted me - I asked them for a copy of the contract where it stated I was on a rolling contract and needed to give twelve months notice - they couldn't produce it and I never heard from them again

Beware:- Jackie Skelly are a horrific crowd to deal with - they will pursue you for money that you do not owe & they are relentless. I have reported then to the National Consumer Agency & they just ignore my letters etc.

Westwood Leopardstown

I'm thinking of joining this gym, does anyone know what the membership fee is ?

Back