ITV and Channel 4

T

techman29

I currently have RTE1, Network2, TV3 and TG4.

I'm looking to get BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel 4.

ITV and Channel 4 aren't available with the Sky package or with the Freeview dish. The only way I can get ITV and Channel 4 is with an aerial (live in West of Ireland).

But, does anyone know if ITV or Channel 4 will go digital and be available with the Sky package or some other satelite service?

This topic has been discussed at length by the people over on boards.ie. I'll post the link here when I find it.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/f...y.php?f=40

Personally I dont think we'll see it any time soon, pity.

The following is from satellite.ie , I dont know how up to date it is.
www.satellite.ie/acatalog...tions.html

Are Irish and UK Terrestrial channels available in Ireland on Sky?
RTE, Network 2, TV3,and TG4 and now available in Ireland and are included in the Sky family pack.

BBC 1,2,3,4 and CBBC are available on free to view.

Negotiations are also ongoing between Sky and UTV/CH4 and CH5.

Here are Sky's official Comments:

"Thank you for your email about UTV and Channel 4.

Sky will continue discussions with all terrestrial broadcasters interested in broadcasting their services in Republic of Ireland. In the case of UTV and Channel 4, it is hoped that the channel will join Sky's platform in the coming months following completion of all outstanding issues including the issue of programming rights.

Kind regards
Stephen Fairley
Viewer Relations"

Unfortunately no free to air viewing cards are available for RTE,TV3 etc, a subscription is required. Please do not E mail us on this matter as we have no further information at this time.

ajapale

Back