IT Apprenticeship Public Sector 2023

Sunnygirl69

Just wondering if anyone knows anything bout this, other than what was in media end of 2022....over 100 trainees to be taken on across Ireland.
Someone close to me has been placed approx 140 on panel..... Wonder have they a chance at all. I believe it starts in March this year.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything bout this, other than what was in media end of 2022....over 100 trainees to be taken on across Ireland.
Someone close to me has been placed approx 140 on panel..... Wonder have they a chance at all. I believe it starts in March this year.
Hard to say. The only guarantee is for the first 100. Whether they reach 140 depends on how many of the preceding 139 reject an offer or whether they take on more than 100.

The panel should have a certain stated lifetime so for as long it remains active, there’s hope. You should be able to check how far into the panel they’ve gone from time to time.

Hard to say. The only guarantee is for the first 100. Whether they reach 140 depends on how many of the preceding 139 reject an offer or whether they take on more than 100.

The panel should have a certain stated lifetime so for as long it remains active, there’s hope. You should be able to check how far into the panel they’ve gone from time to time.
Panels are normally one year. The CPSA advised they should be no longer than 3 years but I'm not sure if this applies to the graduate ones.

How would one check how far into panel they've gone in couple months?
Assuming the competition was administered by the Public Appointments Service, it should be possible to enquire by contacting them. It’s not a service they encourage however.

Don’t be discouraged if the panel seems to be moving slowly initially. They can often take batches at a time.

If they ask someone to upload LC results after placement on panel is this a positive sign or just something they would request from everyone?

They would likely request it from everyone so that if being processed it saves on getting paperwork.

They also use to send an email asking people on the panel to 'express an interest', this isn't a job offer.

Was this not a graduate panel?

Thank u Becky. No was def not a graduate panel, the qualification apprentices would gain after 2 years was level 6.

In the absence of no answer to calls to PAS, no easy way of contacting them.... Has anyone an update on numbers to be taken on or dates?

Back