Issues Revenue account login

tommygirl

Trying to login to my account on revenue to do 2018 tax returns (I know last minute...) and am unable to do so due to 2-factor authorisation. No text is arriving to my phone and it says that one sent and it has the correct last 2 digits.
I then, as advised, select I do not have access to this phone but you need to put in a mobile phone number and I am getting a message that the number does not match the one on record. Very frustrating.
I then got my other half to register but his password has not arrived by text but is being sent by post so will be too late. I cannot get into my account obviously to send an email!
Anyone have any ideas?

Who is your mobile carrier?
Some, especially some of the MVNO "virtual" operators, seem to have problems from time to time with certain two factor authentication SMS messages.
Maybe you should contact them?
Maybe also try to find a suitable email address and email details of the claim and your login problems in the hope that Revenue will accept this as a legitimate claim and process it in 2023.

Hi Tommy girl,

You aren't the only one looking at 2018, if that gives you any comfort :)

Revenues website crashed on me, earlier this evening, and then kept throwing up an error message. It could be related, so might be worth trying again, tomorrow morning.

FYI, I did receive the text message for 2FA earlier, before the ensure crashed, btw.

Trying to login to my account on revenue to do 2018 tax returns (I know last minute...) and am unable to do so due to 2-factor authorisation. No text is arriving to my phone and it says that one sent and it has the correct last 2 digits.
You may need to access HomeScreen/Wallet on your phone and launch the card/banking app from there. Some 2FAs seem to text a message to your "Messages" app and ask you to type in a once off 6-digit code. Others ask you to login to your card/banking app and type your regular 5 or 6 digit card PIN in the banking app.

You may need to access HomeScreen/Wallet on your phone and launch the card/banking app from there. Some 2FAs seem to text a message to your "Messages" app and ask you to type in a once off 6-digit code. Others ask you to login to your card/banking app and type your regular 5 or 6 digit card PIN in the banking app.
This has nothing to do with banking apps etc. Revenue myAccount uses plain old SMS for 2FA. It sends a 6 digit code by text message.

Mrs Grizzly got a new phone for Christmas. Transferred the SIM card from old phone to new phone but our EBS banking app would not work. Got sorted by ringing the EBS but long wait for someone to answer the phone. No other way to do it except by phone.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
No issue with phone etc I believe as checked cu account login and received text message for that.
As I cannot get past the phone number authentication to get email reset option I must have done something wrong with mobile number. I might have had to type that in when putting in security questions last night. For all the mathematicians out there, I know the last 2 digits are correct and presume 353 code correct so that leaves how many possible combinations to go through?? I hope some poor person has not received numerous verification codes if I used their number.
I can only find an email address for forms online. If anyone has any other email address I could try sending an email in the hope they might accept that.
Failing that, lesson learnt and always try to submit during office opening hours. When I get access in January I should submit 2019-2022 straight away!
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year

Just an update that Revenue are unwilling to accept an email that I sent with details of 2018 health expenses when I was unable to access My Account. I gained access yesterday - the mobile number on file was incorrect therefore no text verification code was arriving, nor could I get email password reset.
Whilst I understand security is important, I had no way to access the system without assistance from Revenue. Disappointed but lesson learnt, always leave a bit of time to deal with unforeseen difficulties!

the mobile number on file was incorrect therefore no text verification code was arriving
Presumably you originally entered this mobile number when you registered? How were you ever able to login using two factor authentication so?

This was my first time logging in since probably 31st Dec 2021 to do 2017 returns and just needed PPS, date of birth and password then.
Yes a number of lessons learnt!

Why do you wait 4 years to do your returns?
I can't see any advantages in waiting that length

No advantage at all only a character flaw! I normally manage to achieve my deadlines but don't make it easy on myself. New years resolution maybe?
2019-2022 returns to be submitted soon...

Get a mygov.ie account.
This gives you a second log in method for revenue.

Get a mygov.ie account.
This gives you a second log in method for revenue.
My MyGov account never worked for logging into Revenue myAccount and Revenue actually told me not to use it and to use PPSN/date of birth/2FA instead.
It did work for myWelfare though.

Back