Issue with lighting in privately managed estate

L

lily1960

Hi

I am hoping that someone can help as i am at the end of my rope with my management company.

We live in a rural setting in a privately managed estate (private water, sewerage, lighting etc) most of the houses are second homes and not occupied for 90% of the year. There are 3 lights out in our section of the estate and for the past 5 months i have been emailing, texting and ringing a director of the Management Company to get them fixed (there is no agent).

Back at the begining of november i was advised that the annual maintenance would be carried out within 2 weeks and was happy with that - this never happened - i have since sent 20 emails, several texts and phone calls and the lights are still out - where we live is so dark i actually have to use a torch to see the lock on the hall door!!

There are three directors of the management company but there are only contact details for one of them and she is impossible to deal with, doesn't respond to emails etc.

I have tried tracking down the other two googling names etc but no luck - the agm wont be until the middle of the year and i cant let this go on any longer as there have been several breakins in the area. I have been polite and more then patient at this stage but dont know where i can go from here.

Does anyone have any suggestions

thank you

to find out the other directors you can log onto CRO.ie and search for the management company name - they submit their accounts there and that should list the directors at the last submission. costs 2.50 euro (there may be a cheaper website for that but I cant remember the name of it). hope it helps!

Thanks uptomyeyes

I actually have the names of the other directors but no contact numbers / details for them - i tried calling into the houses that are occupied but the only contact details anyone has are for the director who is ignoring my correspondence.

Usually the CRO website will give addresses for all directors so it might be worth checking.

thanks Scotsgirl,

just downloaded some items from the CRO - have the other directors private addresses - might send them copies of all the correspondence over the last 5 months.

As there will be a lot of correspondence ove the last 5 months, make sure you have a covering letter which specifies exactly what needs doing, when you expect it done, etc. Use the "correspondence" as back up / reference to your request...

Good luck with that...

Why don't you stop paying the management fees until the lights are fixed?

That is a terrible idea! It's never a good plan to stop paying the management fees because then the management company would be within their rights to withhold services. Now, clearly, they are not doing their job in this case but two wrongs do not make a right.

Contacting the other directors is the best option.

Why don't you stop paying the management fees until the lights are fixed?
Very bad idea and leaves OP open to being sued and accumulating more costs.

OP see if you can identify the person nominated as "company secretary" of your management company. Address all registered correspondence to him/her.

Back