Is there anything I should have in place before going down the early retirement route due to Ill Health

Sunnydays2026

New Member
Messages
2
Hi, 55 need to retire soon due to ill health, 30 years f/t service, HSE, is there anything I should have in place before going down the early retirement route, I'm on 60k gross, any insight to my entitlements would be a great help, stressful time as you can understand, whats the advantages of ill health verses disability?, as I think it best form my mental health to work a few hours a week going forward if allowed, if not happy to do voluntary . TIA
 
Are you pre or post 95 ?

You can increase your Prsi contributions post retirement in various ways with or without the need for extra employment.

Check out this thread.

 
Last edited:

Have a look at this post, some practical tips in it.
 
1. If you retire on grounds of ill health you will be entitled to some added years.
2. You might consider buying service instead,or as well.
 
Back
Top