Is there any possibility that sterling will improve?

D

DrPhilG

I'll ask it anyway!

Does anyone have any hope that the sterling rate will improve in the near future?

I have about €13,000 saved in the Credit Union and in a few months, when the savings are up to €15k, I'm going to ask for a loan of €40k. The reason for the loan is that I'm getting married and doing some home improvements. I've been getting depressed about the euro rate because I work in the North so my money has been worth less and less, but on the other hand, the only major expense in euro is the reception. Everything else will be paid in sterling so in that respect, my euro coming out of the CU will actually be worth a lot more towards the sterling prices of the photographer, videographer, cars, honeymoon etc.

What I'm wondering now is, rather than taking the €40k out, keeping €15k in euro for the reception and changing the rest into £ sterling for paying other stuff, I could change the whole lot into £ at the current excellent rate, and then pay the reception off with sterling if/when the rate improves.

But will it improve or will the € end up being worth more than the £???

Re: Probably an unaswerable quiestion but...

Please make the heading of your question relevant

Re: Probably an unaswerable quiestion but...

Please make the heading of your question relevant

Sorry, can anyone change it for me? I can't edit it myself.

Edit, I've reported the post to Moderators and asked them to change it!

Back