Is there any law to stop an EA advertising a property at an unbelievably low price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is there any law to stop an EA advertising a property at an unbelievably low pric

Yes some might have to sell others but more often than not you will see people reorganise their 5/10 year plans to accommodate the current market and decide to sit it out. It is costing very little to have your house on the market and when they are not getting the price they need you will see houses coming off the market rather than folding to pressure because simply they can't lower much more if any.

I think this is an interesting point. There were a number of houses for sale close to me recently. I watched as they started to cut their asking price and out of 4 houses 3 are now off the market and were never sold.

Unless they are in a drastic situation they will just sit it out!!

Re: Is there any law to stop an EA advertising a property at an unbelievably low pric

By normality, I didn't mean the same prices as before, I meant a normal market where people who want to buy, buy and people who want to sell, sell instead of the current 'standoff 'we are experiencing where everyone is running scared. Eventually people will have to move, the market will too and yes prices will of course relate to the economic conditions at the time.

Ah would you get out of that garden - you're clearly having a laugh.

The last 5 years have been nothing but an orgy of profit taking at the massive expense of a generation. I don't know how anyone could be naieve or insensitive enough to apply such a simplistic view and compare a seller in the boom to a buyer in the recession.

All those sellers who won't face reality deserve every bit of vitriol going their way. They helped create a false economy which has resulted in Ireland Inc imploding (global crisis my This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language) yet they moan when a buyer tells them they're over priced - get real FFS

I'm glad you had a chuckle but I mean what I say. You say the 5 years have been an orgy of profit taking at the expense of a generation but surely when you peel back the sensationalism you realise that there are two sides of the coin to examine. People, ordinary people looked to get the highest price possible for their home and could only achieve this if the purchasers interested were willing and able to meet there asking prices and be the highest bidder. That is the nature of the market and only worked were a willing seller sold to a willing buyer. Don't forget that those same sellers would then become buyers as they moved on to the next step.
You call me naive for suggesting that a seller in the boom is akin to a buyer in the recession in that they are on the stronger footing even, I have explained why I think this why do you find it so terribly wrong? and how is it insensitive??

Your last paragraph highlights were I think some people are going wrong: 'sellers who won't face reality deserve the vitriol' if they have a mortgage of €X they are going to find it difficult to sell for less than that unless they have savings to pay off the negative equity. It is not as simplistic as just dropping your price until it sells there are real decisions that will have an affect on your live to consider.

You also say they created a false economy but I'm sure you realise that there could be no sales without purchsers so I presume you think they were wrong too? Is that real enough for you???

people are getting wise to the con.
And now it is a con aswell, you should change your name from curiously to conspiracy.

Is there any law to stop an estate agent advertising a property at an unbelievably low price?

The original question has been asked and answered.

The thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back