Is there an Irish equivalent to Warren Buffet?

As a previous poster mentioned there is only one Warren Buffett but in my opinion Anthony Bolton comes very close.

There would be no company or person in Ireland the would come close to these individuals.

Although there are a lot of Investment Brokers Fexco, NCB etc....

If I were you I would look further a field i.e. UK

How about?
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
:)

Havn't heard much of him lately (thank God).

Maybe he has moved offshore to Cape Verde, where he was advising people to invest their money in off plan apartments, even though he had never been there himself.

Come to think of it, I hav'nt heard of Cape Verde this year, either. I presume anyone who invested there is licking their wounds.

Murt

The name Warren Buffett is famous because he has spent over 30 to 40 years producing above average investment returns. Anyone who wants to call themselves a ''Warren Buffett'' should serve their time and point to their 30 or 40 year track record. Otherwise they're just spin merchants or graduates with ambition and advertising. Noone with a 10 year track record can seriously be compared to Warren Buffett. When another long term successful investor like Warren Buffett appears we will all know about it but until then he has to prove himself over 30 to 40 years like the original has.

Back