is there an AIB IT problem today?

Gervan

I made a transfer this morning at 10am from my AIB instant access deposit account to my AIB current account. The transfer is still being shown as "Processing".
I rang the AIB Phone Banking at about 11.30 and asked what the hold-up was, as inside AIB transfers are supposed to be instantaneous. I was told they were having IT problems.
The transfer has still not gone through. (I needed it transferred from the current account to another bank for a Regular Saver payment).
How widespread is this problem?

Full details of the issues were available on the AIB Twitter account during the day.

Twitter is beyond me. The transfer eventually went through this evening, too late to send it off to the other bank that needed it. Annoying.

The transfer eventually went through this evening, too late to send it off to the other bank that needed it. Annoying.

Hi Gervan

Annoying indeed.

I know someone else whose ICB record was damaged through leaving transfers to the last minute and then blaming the bank.

It's better to make such transfers a few days in advance to avoid being caught out by these sorts of errors.

Brendan

Reactions: jjm
It's better to make such transfers a few days in advance to avoid being caught out by these sorts of errors.

True, Brendan, this is for a Regular Saver due 25th, so I should still be on time, if there isn't another IT problem. I don't like to leave things to the last minute.

Back