Is there a website advertising tradesmen?

Welfarite

Does anybody know of an Irish dedicated website that has adverts for self-employed tradesmen in Ireland. I'm thinking of a site where tradesmen could advertise and potential customers could seek them?

I suppose what I was really after....rather than an online phone directory as some of those sites are..... is a site where one could source a tradesman in their local area and EM them/talk to them regarding getting quotes for specific jobs, etc.....

This new website seems to be growing like a mushroom and its ideal for what your looking for www.completehome.ie they also provide a quotation link service that goes straigth to the tradesmans email or text message to his mobile. Its only up and running a couple of months i think, it seems to be the only website out there that does the job well.

Booked these guys last week, great work. I don't like to do all those little jobs around the house but they do it all. They do not contract out the work so your always in direct contact, hassle free.
www.entirehomeservices.com

Re: Tradesmen, It appears to me that [broken link removed] doesnt mention Tradesmen or Tradesman ?

More worringly and I dont want to pour cold water on the www.completehome.ie site but always remember that these porat sites are commercial in thier own right. They have a disclaimer in their site NB.

I cant mention names but there is one company listed and possibly more that are almost struck off the companies register.Their name is deplorable. So you really need to check out your tradesman with some bonafide means before allowing them into your premises/home,preferably word of mouth.

More worringly and I dont want to pour cold water on the www.completehome.ie site but always remember that these porat sites are commercial in thier own right. They have a disclaimer in their site NB.

I cant mention names but there is one company listed and possibly more that are almost struck off the companies register.Their name is deplorable. So you really need to check out your tradesman with some bonafide means before allowing them into your premises/home,preferably word of mouth.

I know some of the tradesmen listed on that site, these particular tradesmen have never paid for online advertising in their life. It looks to me that the listings were just pulled from the golden pages. I have a free copy of the golden pages if anybodys interested.

Last edited:
petelomejor/rubbersoul,

I have no doubt in your cold water pouring techniques, complete home is only after starting up within the last three months. it's been advertised on the radio down here for awhile. The whole point in the website is to approach companies and register them, yes im sure they recieve a sum for advertisement, but nothing is for free these days, no such thing as a free lunch and all that.

And as for the the golden pages, im sure they had to list some sort of database to incourage clients to register there company for advertisement, im sure they didn't know who's bankrupt or not and who's a right Del boy especially across the entire country. Anyway you'd look some fool standing beside a MD of a company in his office logging on to the website to see a blank page with nobodys name on the screen in front of him.

I'm sure people aren't daft enough to allow a cowboy in to knock out there window to make a doorway, and i'm sure your only going to get a tradesman in your local area to do the work for you, and not have him travelling for an hour or more to get to your house so if you live in Dublin and you have a house say in galway I see this as a good first point of reference.

Hi Joe,

Your glowing recommendations (3 posts to-date) for this particular site would be inclined to make any of our contributors suspicious.

Just as I ask so regularly these days in accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm if you have any association with the above company other than being a customer?

sueellen,

yes i can confirm i have no association with this company, 3 posts on the subject, firstly informing posters of a new website that i heard of, one replying to a question from one of your posters, the other replying to two posters that putting down the site that i had just recommended. In some way i felt i was being attacked for trying to help a fellow poster, from doing a build myself i know how hard it is to get information, so i tried to state a few facts in my last post. If you have seen the majority of my previous posts, you would know that completehome.ie is only a small precentage of what i comment on. So i'll try to be less informative in future and watch from the sidelines.

sueellen,

yes i can confirm i have no association with this company, 3 posts on the subject, firstly informing posters of a new website that i heard of, one replying to a question from one of your posters, the other replying to two posters that putting down the site that i had just recommended. In some way i felt i was being attacked for trying to help a fellow poster, from doing a build myself i know how hard it is to get information, so i tried to state a few facts in my last post. If you have seen the majority of my previous posts, you would know that completehome.ie is only a small precentage of what i comment on. So i'll try to be less informative in future and watch from the sidelines.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the clarification. No need to be less informative or watch from the sidelines. All contributions are appreciated because as we all know that is what AAM is about. I did have a quick read through your previous posts as I have done with quite a number of the other posters here. This thread, I'm sure you will understand, requires heavy moderation.

It is through the vigilance of the contributors and moderators alike that the high standards of no free advertising (as per the posting guidelines) are maintained.

So work away, because as you say yourself, you have no connection with the site mentioned.

Thanks,

Sue Ellen.

hi all
just a quick note,i met a builder last year,who claimed he was ireland's leading sustainable builder (he still advertises on constructireland's website and green pages) this guy knows what he is talking about and has an amazing website but that's it.what happened when he took on the job was an absolutely horrendous experience for my family,i would not wish it on anybody.you need hard evidence of these guys previous work before employing them!i have no medical qualifications but there is nothing to stop me setting up a website and offering frontal lobotomies for 9.99.
all i am saying is be very careful using the internet it is full of answers just be careful who is giving them

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone could give any comments on any or all of these sites from the tradesman's viewpoint?? I'm thinking of signing up but would like to hear first-hand if any of them offer value for money e.g. did you actually get work from them?? Or never hear from them again after handing over the signup fee?

Thanks,
bobjim

For what it's worth, friends were delighted with recommendations for various jobs around the house, from www.pickapro.ie. I have been in contact with the lady who runs the company and was very impressed - no personal connection.

Back