Is there a US Stocks/Options trading/Investment community in Dublin?

V

VTech

Does something like this exists in Dublin? Otherwise I am looking for an active stock and/or option traders to form or join a small community in Dublin City.
The aim is to meet on weekly/monthly bases and exchange theoretical and practical knowledge in order to achieve better results..

I trade with long term profits in mind and prefer swing trading over scalping. I'm happy with small but consistent monthly gains.
Anyone is welcome with an experience in US markets: swing trading(weekly/monthly) with low volatility and lower spread stocks, US option strategies(pref: covered calls, condors, spreads), technicals/fundamentals, forex, level2 data, probability analysis etc.

These months I have been actively studying with the focus towards Financial Markets Association which helps to advance further in Risk Management and Foreign Exchange Swaps/Money Markets, Interest Rates, Repos, fixed income formulas etc.

I have come from an IT background, therefore I am constantly trying automate as much as possible via VBA and broker API's. I have been doing this for quite a while independently. The next step is synergy.
Is there anyone else working on the same trading/investment strategies?

I was wondering about this about 2 months ago. to be a better trader you have to hang around with other traders. I know a few people but only talk to them through email. Better to be talking to some one face to face.

Is there any community like this in the whole of Ireland?

I also come from a programming/tech background aswell but have been interest in stock since 16. i just finished warren buffet bio and starting to reread trading for a living.

I am in athlone though but if there was enough interest in dublin then could meet up on a certain day each month. You probably know of linux groups that do the same. i meet up with that computer group once a month just to talk about computers.

Also galway is an option to meet up aswell.

The best way to get better at some thing is to hang around with people that want to do the same.

Anyone else interested?

Count me in if you like. I live in Galway but travel to Dublin most mid weeks.

Check your PMs guys. There are probably won't be many people as the area is quite advanced and specific...

I have done some work in the areas you mention; US stock trading with level II and I have done some research into options over the last few months.
Like you, I have an IT background and look for ways to use technology to give an edge to trading. I live in Clontarf.
Send me a PM and we can discuss areas of interest.

Back