Is there a state benefit similar to the UK "Disability Living Allowance" ?

S

salmon2

I live in Newry and will be moving to Dundalk to live there later on in the year.

As I live in Newry I receive a benefit called "Disability Living Benefit" which is not means tested. Here is a link...
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...rt/DG_10011731

I receive this due to having an anxiety disorder and depression which affects my employment. This DLA benefit is about £17.00/week.

I checked on the net for a similar benefit which might be available to me which I move to Dundalk, though I have only been able to locate benefits relating to physical conditions.

Are there any benefits available in the Republic which are similar to "Disability Living Allowance" and which might be available to me, given that I do not have a physical disability?

Thank you

That "DLA" seems to be a good one ....I can't think of anything like it here. The only one close to it is the Disability allownace, but that is mean-tested. i don't know whether this is suited to your needs though, as it's usually paid to persons unbale to work long-term and certified unfit for work. The Local Office in Dundalk ..ask for information officer ...might be able to tell you more if you contact them with your own personal circumstances.

The equivilant to DLA in Republic is called Disability Allowance which is what you looking for or Invalidity Pension if you have suffient tax credits.

Back