Is there a need for additional insulation

Tomjim

We built an extension 2 years ago. 50 MM Kingspan was put between the cavity along with 50 mm kinspan insulation on the internal wall which was then skimmed.

We are now getting the main part of the house which was built 10 years ago pumped with beads between the cavity as at that time there was only aeroboard used between the cavity.

Is there a need to get the extension pumped with the beading as well the old part of the house

Its probably not going to cost a whole pile extra to get the extension done anyway. Plus it will help push the boards in the cavity back against the inner leaf helping to eliminate any draghts in the cavity which will cool the inner leaf.

If it was me I'd do it anyway. Oil aint getting any cheaper and as Tesco say "every little helps"

Most definitely - go for it... Same situation myself last year... relatively new extension - but glad I went ahead with getting that pumped with bead. Just one thing to note is that if you have roof insulation, then make sure that is topped up to 300mm (I think is latest recommendation)... Combination of the wall & roof (attic) insulation is what makes the difference with keeping the heat in...

Back