Is there a legal way to refuse a subpoena?

L

Leanne12

Hi,
Just looking for some information as i have been subpoena to appear in court next week. Its a family law case and its the owner/boss of the company i am employed as a accountant for. I have nothing to do with this case as i am just an employee of a company that my boss owns and it is his legal case. I have been subpoena on behalf of the company by my bosses wife, and i feel this is totally unfair and want to know where i stand on the matter.

Any help or advice is most welcomed.

what court is the case been heard in, you are obliged to attend, but by in large the judge is unlikely to take any action for a non appearance at a family law case. you could get a sick cert from doctor for day of court. while in its own right family law cases are important, non appearances are not treated seriously. dont worry, no one likes court but if you do go all you have to do is tell the truth and from that you have nothing to fear or worry about

I would regard the above as dangerous advice. A subpoena is a legal command and ignore it at your peril. If the Judge wishes he could order the Gardai to go out and arrest you to be brought before the court.

what court is the case been heard in, you are obliged to attend, but by in large the judge is unlikely to take any action for a non appearance at a family law case. you could get a sick cert from doctor for day of court. while in its own right family law cases are important, non appearances are not treated seriously. dont worry, no one likes court but if you do go all you have to do is tell the truth and from that you have nothing to fear or worry about

How does a qualified doctor certify your illness if you are not actually ill?

vanessa, he could but he wont for family law, sustanon, stress of going to court, sleepless nights, a myraid of reason, docotrs have been issusing certs for years

Back