Is there a cooling fan to be had in Dublin?

delgirl

Has anyone seen any cooling fans for sale? Have tried Argos, DID, Power City, Viking Direct and other local electrical retailers to no avail.

Not for me, but for someone who is ill and is struggling with the warm weather.

Thanks

I just looked up argos myself and a lot are out of stock with the heatwave. I don't own a fan but I do have a small portable electric fan heater with a non heat setting, ie it asks as a cooling fan. You could get one of them, or maybe just go onto amazon and get one delivered monday or tuesday.

Checked with Argos and they don't even know when new stock will be coming in. B&Q got 90 in and they sold within minutes.

I bought one of the heaters that can work on cold but not great as you would have to lie right in front of the air outlet.

I did hear that there were some in a shop called Mr. ???????? opposite Nutgrove shopping centre in the same complex as Harvey Norman. That was Thursday though and they may be gone by now.
[broken link removed]

You may have thought of these things already, but I'm also caring for someone who is finding the heat difficult so some of these ideas might help.

If you have a north facing room in the house, you might like to move into that for the time being.

Keep the blinds /curtains closed during the day to keep out direct sunlight.

Hang wet towels or sheets over an open window, it will cool any breeze coming in.

Cold wet sheets/ towels on a clothes horse /near the bed/chair will also help to cool the surroundings.

keep a basin of cool water and sponge handy to dampen down face/neck/forehead from time to time.

Make sure you keep sipping drinks/water throughout the day.

Tie long hair up in a bun/pony tail

Go barefoot in the house. Fill a hot water bottle with water & crushed ice, great for swollen feet & ankles.

Another one (though I haven't tried it myself) is to put the bed sheets into the fridge.

Hope this helps, loving the weather but it is hard on some people.

Thanks everyone for the into - that's a great list of things to do to keep cool Thirsty!

Texted all the relatives and found someone who had a spare fan - it has made such a difference already.

Back