Laya Is the a cheaper policy than Control 300 Create that refunds everyday medical expenses withou

Temple

Hi,
We are 2 adults and 2 children and one of the reasons I chose this plan initially was because there was no excess on everyday medical expenses.
My problem now is that my medical expenses reimbursement is less than the the difference in price I am paying between this plan and the comparable cheaper plan suggested on HIA.ie - which has an excess that would allow me to claim nothing.
If I am making myself clear, I am trying to find out if there is a better value plan that provides similar cover for Blackrock Clinic/Mater Private, and has little or no excess on day to day medical expenses, or failing that if I forget about the everyday medical expenses and just look for similar cover, is there a cheaper plan that would provide this?
Thanks

Temple,

The nearest equivalent plan, pricewise is Simply Connect @ price 1100pa. This plan has a capped lower excess for private/hi-tech admissions.
Details as follows;

Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 2 max per year for
all private/hi-tech admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover, 1 euro excess, 50% refund for consultant, gp, dental,
physio etc. Max refund 500 per person per year (50% of 1000 = 500).
[broken link removed]

For the children, there is the Laya special offer, whereby you just pay for the 1st child and the rest are free.

1. Essential Health 300; price 234pa;(total price for all children) all public, private and Beacon covered, cardiac cover in Blackrock Clinic and
Mater Private. Private excess 300 x 2 max per year for all admissions, day case excess 125 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public
hospital. Limited day to day.

2. Flex 125 Explore; price 343pa;(total price for all children) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 125 per
admission, day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Limited day to day.
[broken link removed]

Apart from Simply Connect plan, the only 2 plans with day to day cover would also have a 600 excess per private admission.
Details as follows;
1. Control 600 Total; price 929pa; hospital cover same as Control 300 Create but with 600 excess and less outpatient cover.

2. Control 600 Create; price 1015pa; hospital cover same as Control 300 Create but with 600 excess, day to day cover same as before.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks as always Snowyb. Going to decide between Simply Connect Control 600 Create.

We have been on Laya's Control 300 Create and the premium has increased, albeit fairly incrementally, over the past couple of years. From my own comparative analysis, the only difference between Control 300, 450 and 600 Create policies is the in-patient excess where the excess clue is in the plan name. All the other benefits are identical.

We have been on Laya's Control 300 Create and the premium has increased, albeit fairly incrementally, over the past couple of years. From my own comparative analysis, the only difference between Control 300, 450 and 600 Create policies is the in-patient excess where the excess clue is in the plan name. All the other benefits are identical.

It's a great policy, I have it for a few years and the everyday expenses incl dental and optical are an added bonus.

Back