Is TescoMobile Worse than eir for Customer Service?

I've only experience of contacting tescomobile from a few years and I always found them very good to deal with.
I'm still with them but I have no reason to contact them at the moment.
It may be the Covid-19 and lockdowns that caused their customer service to decline.
I have had some acrimonious dealings with 3 of the other telecommunications companies.

Thanks for the advice. On 3 separate occasions I have asked to raise a complaint and I have continually fobbed off.

I have just emailed Tesco Customer Care regarding my long-running issue with them, and I cc'd that email to Com Reg with a line explaining that I didn't wish to raise a formal complaint at this point in time .

I previously used this approach (with eir/eircom) who very quickly resolved my problem. Then, some days later I was contacted (by email) by Comreg who asked me whether I had been sorted or whether I wished to raise a formal complaint.

Worth a try.

emails are: [email protected] and [email protected]

Just to let anyone else who is trying to get their Tesco refund know, that the Payzone scheme is a broken as ever.

Mrs PF has been going through the same frustration as everyone else. The local Payzone knew nothing about it. The Tescomobile bot told her that only certain Payzone outlets were taking part. Tried two others without success, they only took in Payzone money, they couldn't pay out.

Moved on the local Tesco store who are also listed as Payzone agents, except they aren't anymore. They rang Tescomobile but couldn't get through. Helpfully rang the next Tesco store who still are Payzone agents, except they are only agents of the taking-in money variety!

Next step is to contact Payzone directly on their website where they promise to be in touch if you are unable to get a refund at a Payzone agent. Not holding our breath on this one!

Just to let anyone else who is trying to get their Tesco refund know, that the Payzone scheme is a broken as ever.

Mrs PF has been going through the same frustration as everyone else. The local Payzone knew nothing about it. The Tescomobile bot told her that only certain Payzone outlets were taking part. Tried two others without success, they only took in Payzone money, they couldn't pay out.

Moved on the local Tesco store who are also listed as Payzone agents, except they aren't anymore. They rang Tescomobile but couldn't get through. Helpfully rang the next Tesco store who still are Payzone agents, except they are only agents of the taking-in money variety!

Next step is to contact Payzone directly on their website where they promise to be in touch if you are unable to get a refund at a Payzone agent. Not holding our breath on this one!
Happy Days! Tried another Payzone shop and they paid out without blinking an eyelid. At least some of the agents must have heard about this. Now, what to spend the €18.56 on!

Last edited:
Back