Is my washing machine plumbed wrong?

Seonewbie

Ok, so i know absolutely nothing about plumbing or dishwashers for that matter. I have been having a few issues with my dishwasher in that food residue is still on the dishes after it has come through a full cycle. Same happened this morning and noticed in one cup that there was burnt toast. Now nothing went into the dishwasher with burnt toast on it but I did wash burnt crumbs down the kitchen sink last night before I ran the dishwasher. Could ny dishwasher be plumbed up to my sink or is that the way its meant to be. Seems a bit gross if that's the way it meant to be. Does anyone know what the dishwasher is meant to be plumbed to and how I can check! Thanks.

it can be plumbed in below your sink but im afraid i couldnt say without looking at how it is plumbed.. something could be up though regards toast turning up in your dishwasher

Someone is winding you up with the burnt toast.

There is no way for it to come back up the drainage tube.

ONQ.

now im not to sure, you say you washed bread crumbs and out came toast, i think you plumbed in the oven:D

stop stop ....i cant stop laughing !!!! did the toast at least come out clean !!!!!

something is not right ! get a Drain doctor to check it out, or try cleaning your dishwasher.

Hi guys, went away for a few days so just seeing how this thread took on a life of its own! Sorry title should be dishwasher plumbered wrong...also i was knackered when writting it so the crumbs and toast references got a bit confusing :eek:

Back