Is Karl Grabe's tax calculator correct for 2005?

C

carlie

Does anyone know if this tax calculator is accurate for the 2005 tax year.

[broken link removed]

Thanks

Re: Just wondering

I think it is. Why? Do you suspect otherwise? Note that it only deals with a limited set of allowances/reliefs (the most common) and assumes class A PRSI.

Re: Question about the tax calculations on this sitehttp://www.esatclear.ie/~grabe/TaxCal

No just put in some figures and it said I was due tax back I was just wondering if it was accurate. DO I just contact tax office now by phone and ask them to correct this or do I have to fill out a form and post it in. Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: Question about the tax calculations on this sitehttp://www.esatclear.ie/~grabe/TaxCal

Write to Revenue with details of your tax for 2005 (e.g. copy of P60 and any documentation for stuff that has not already been claimed - e.g. MED1 expenses, standalone pension contributions, private health insurance paid by employer for which you are entitled to a credit etc.) and ask them to review your tax (do a P21 balancing statement) to claim back any tax due. You can also do this for 2004, 2003 and 2002 if you suspect that you are due tax back for those years as well.

Re: Is Karl Jeacle's tax calculator correct for 2005?

Thank you.

It's Karl Grabe's tax calculator -- Mr. Jeacle is the mortgage calculator guy!

You could also try registering and doing it [broken link removed] but I didn't have much joy with their service I'm afraid.

Also make sure that you are claiming all relevant allowances/reliefs and check your P60s/payslips/statements of tax credits etc.

Are you paying too much tax? A guide to tax credits

This might also be of interest to you.

It's Karl Grabe's tax calculator -- Mr. Jeacle is the mortgage calculator guy!
My mistake - I edited the thread title and always mix up the two Karls! Fixed now. :eek:

I use ROS for the last few yrs now and I find it great. You can put in all your details and do a calculation to the penny without submitting.

ROS is not exactly the same as the more limited PAYE Online Self Service system.

Back