Is jul/aug a slow time to sell?

Snork Maiden

Hi All:

I have my home on the market for a number of weeks now. Had a couple of viewings very early on but no serious offers and things have really gone quiet. My estate agent advised that things would pick up after the Aug bank holiday weekend but to date nothing........again the advise I am getting each week is that its a slow time and things will pick up next week etc etc.

I am begining to feel like I am never going to sell my house!!! Is jul/aug a slow period in general and is september usually better.......will it go against me that I have my house on the market for a couple of mths?

PS: A neighbour a few doors away sold their house in one week, a week before I put mine on the market so I know that the houses/area is sellable!

Thanks,
SM

Yes July/August are considered to be slow months due to holiday times etc. Traditionally, little or no auctions take place at this time either. Hang in there until September.

Perhaps your estate agent should have advised you of this before he/she put their sign up, particularly if you weren't in a rush. It may cause some potential buyers to question if anything is wrong with the property because it's been up for sale a while.

Thanks Liteweight,

I was being to think that perhaps there was something dreadful about my property that I was blind to!!!

Knowing that there is a general trend to the slow down gives some piece of mind. Roll on september and hopefully potential buyers wont be too put off by the length of time on the market!

not everywhere has a september selling season, its a City thing.

Back