Is it too late to apply for a heating upgrade grant

pablo123

Hello, My friend recently purchased an old house and had a new gas heating system installed , She has since learned that she could apply for a grant , Would I be correct in saying she needed the house to be inspected for a BER rating before and after the work was done, Secondly she has asked the contractor to inform revenue that the work was done and the cost so she can claim some tax back , He is refusing to do so , This is news to me but I would appreciate any information , Thank you .

No the BER is done afterwards but the SEAI grant has to be applied for prior to any work being carried out.

Revenue arent involved in the process. Unless you are talking about the home renovations incentive and that only applies to certain types of work over 5k and with approved contractors. So why would the contractor go to Revenue about her heating??

Apply in advance, specific boilers only, your friends boiler may not have met the criteria, take a look at the SEAI website for more information relevant to your post.

Thanks for your replie,s , The contractor eventually sorted it out with revenue which means she can now claim some of her money back , Have to say I never knew you could claim tax back for home improvements , Again thank you for your help .

Back