Is it possible to visit Coronation Street?

ssm

am thinking of organising a trip to Manchester for mother in law to visit the set of Coronation street.

can anyone recommend a website with details of times etc

have googled it but can only find old sites which state that it cant be visited but its hoped that will change in 08.

thanks!

It used to be possible SSM, but Granada stopped the practice a few years ago.... But there is good news, if you can wait a while....Saw this on a Corrie fan site....

'Please note that the Granada Studios tour is currently closed to the general public [SIZE=-1](last updated October 2005). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]However, it was reported in the UK national press on Monday 13 October, 2008 that the Street set could be re-opened to coincide with Corrie's 50th anniversary in 2010. The quote below comes from an article from The Guardian.[/SIZE]
"ITV is also planning to reopen the Coronation Street set in Manchester to the public with behind-the-scenes tours."...'

Last edited:
hi granada studios are open every day as far as i can remember and well worth a visit,when in the studio grounds if my memoey serves me right you can walk around freely with out a tour a long coronation st,be warned though the houses are only timber frames at the front, all the indoor scenes are filmed on stage/studio

Back