Is it possible to get joint mortgage without proof of income?

Pistachio

If a couple wished to buy a cottage, renovate it and sell, would it be possible for them to get a joint mortgage around €50k if their financial situation is as follows:

A. Owns house worth about €270k with €30k balance on mortgage, savings etc. €100k, earns approx. €18k per annum in part-time employment;

B. Owns cottage worth about €70k, savings approx €10k and proof of steady savings with Credit Union but has no current proof of earnings;

Any ideas what options there would be in this case?

A could remortgage their house to €80,000 to release equity - he/she would qualify for this on €18,000 as long as they have no other debts.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Savings of 100k. I don't know anyone on earth with that amount of savings, and don't have it all tied up in things. I'm in shock.
That's very cheeky of me to say that is it

Thanks Sarah, I suppose the issue here isn't with person A, it is that in order to qualify for a joint mortgage with 50/50 input in the property, B's lack of proof of earnings will be a problem. Do you know of any lending institution who handles these type of transactions or is there any specific type of mortgage that would suit?

Hi Pricilla, the savings are a recent inheritance and the fact that I hadn't a penny to my name before makes me a little cautious so I haven't got it all tied up yet!

Back