Is it possible to get a mortgage when only being in Ireland 3 months

Samantha

Can you get a mortgage approval after only being working and living in Ireland for 3 months? Is it possible ?

Its possible for a 25% mortgage maybe but nothing over 50% LTV

As long as you meet the lending criteria and you are permanently employed - i.e. have completed any probationary period - there should be no reason why not.

Why do you say 50% 2Pack?

Sarah

www.rea.ie

I don't know if all the lenders would be 'up for it' but I would definitely think its possible, you could probably rule out 100% though. Are you in a permanent position in your job?

Sarah W said:
Why do you say 50% 2Pack?
Experience in City of London once upon a time. The max LTV for a person with no assets in the UK was 50% .

Sarah W said:
This is not the UK.

Huh!! Same banking culture I would have thought ?? . This person has no credit rating WHATSOEVER Sarah or am I wrong somehow ???

Unlike the UK you do not have to have a credit rating in Ireland to qualify for a mortgage. You need to be able to show you have permanent income and the ability to repay within the lender's specific criteria plus the usual Money Laundering Act proof of ID and address.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

What is the situation like in the UK, what are the criteria for a non-national obtaining a mortgage?

well 3 months is not the criteria , your income capacity is what the lenders are interested in. If you are in high income group and your company can back you up with documents to prove the same you should get 100% without any issues.

regards

GG

Back