Is it possible to escape this island for 6 months +?

Dreamer1000

Hi. I work for myself (limited company) and take a PAYE income.

I want to move out of Ireland, for 6 months to a year (maybe we will stay longer). The thing is, I need to move somewhere with a lot lower tax than in Ireland or else the move won't be feasible because I will have to rent out my house hear (and pay tax on it).

I guess I want to become a digital nomad but be based in a single location for 6 months. I don't want to move the company to another country - I just want to move myself and my residency. Would anyone be able to suggest where I could move to? Thank you in advance.

income tax in Switzerland is very low relative to Ireland. However the cost of living is quite high.

The state of Texas charges zero income tax however federal tax to the United States government would be due. But imagine the cost of living over there is lower though.

Go for it!

If you wish to move to a different country, I suggest you move within the EU. Once you leave the EU for more than six months you start to lose some future Social Welfare benefits etc. I am not sure of my facts, but the one fact I'll give is if you move to Spain for 183+ days in a year you will be expected to pay income tax there. The tax rates there are around the same as in Ireland.

Hi. I work for myself (limited company) and take a PAYE income.

I want to move out of Ireland, for 6 months to a year (maybe we will stay longer). The thing is, I need to move somewhere with a lot lower tax than in Ireland or else the move won't be feasible because I will have to rent out my house hear (and pay tax on it).

Presumably you're a director of your ltd? Are you aware of Revenue rules regarding non-resident directors and also ordinary residence?

Back