Is it possible to declare untaxed bonus income (shares) without a self assed return?

conor20

Hello,

I received a bonus of a small number of shares which vested last year. These were not share "options", but free shares. They were not taxed at source. Is it possible to declare these through the PAYE online system or otherwise without submitting a self assed tax return? I was able to declare the dividends on these shares through PAYE online.

Thanks.

Re: Is it possible to declare untaxed bonus income (shares) without a self assed retu

After a bit of research, I think I can declare these on a form 12. There are two sections which look like they could cover it:
Section 6: "Other payments - payments received on commencement of employment or in consideration of change in conditions of employment"
or
Section 7: "Benefits from Employment/Non Propreitary Directorships - Most benefits-in-kind are now taxed at source, however, payments under PRSAs and certain Shares are not. Any taxable benifits from these shares should be entered here."

Any advice would be very welcome if anyone knows where this should go.

Thanks,
Conor.

Last edited:
Back