Is it possible to change caller ID on outgoing calls from mobile phone?

LDFerguson

Title of this thread sums it up really. For various reasons, I'd prefer if my caller ID displayed on recipients' phones as my office landline number, rather than my mobile number. I'm aware that I can turn off caller ID on outgoing calls altogether but I don't want to do that as many people (myself included) don't answer calls from private / hidden numbers. I think you can do what I want in the US but not sure if it's possible over here.

If it can't be done using a regular mobile phone network, can it be done if I'm calling via another service, like WhatsApp voice calls? (I don't think you can do it on WhatsApp but just using that as an example.)

Thanks.

Enter #31# before the number and your phone number will be restricted for that call only.

Enter #31# before the number and your phone number will be restricted for that call only.

Thanks but I don't want to hide it altogether. I'm just wondering if it's possible to alter it so that my landline number appears on the recipient's phone, even though I'm making the call from my mobile.

The only option I can think of is using a hosted Voip service. You'd be using an App on your phone and making / receiving calls from that. And when in the office all calls are over Internet so you could use a desk phone, or app on your laptop.
I haven't used any such service, but if you Google "single user voip" or "ereceptionist" you'll find companies working in this area.

Thanks but I don't want to hide it altogether. I'm just wondering if it's possible to alter it so that my landline number appears on the recipient's phone, even though I'm making the call from my mobile
Hi could try mobilevoip it's on android it app to use with a betamax VoIP operator. On app after you log in you can verify line you want to use by them sending SMS or voice call to the number. You answer and key in code the system gives you to confirm ownership. Then on all out bound calls you can set this as the number that's displayed.

Betamax are cheap no fills no customer service provider. Top up and go. Used them years ago before messager came about.

It's all the one but serval websites. Think 12voip as used as it was cheapest to France mobile.

Hope it helps

I'm just wondering if it's possible to alter it so that my landline number appears on the recipient's phone, even though I'm making the call from my mobile.
What you're looking for is generally termed as spoofing. so definitely not possible from your mobile for regular phone calls.

The only option I can think of is using a hosted Voip service. You'd be using an App on your phone and making / receiving calls from that. And when in the office all calls are over Internet so you could use a desk phone, or app on your laptop.
I haven't used any such service, but if you Google "single user voip" or "ereceptionist" you'll find companies working in this area.
Plus one to hosted VOIP. We're using Blueface for office landlines. In addition, I use the Zoiper app on my mobile. Outbound calls from Zoiper on my mobile present as the office landline, +353 1 xxx xxxx. Call quality is dependent on Internet quality. Am in a 5G area so normally okay, and often better than a mobile call.

Plus one to hosted VOIP. We're using Blueface for office landlines. In addition, I use the Zoiper app on my mobile. Outbound calls from Zoiper on my mobile present as the office landline, +353 1 xxx xxxx. Call quality is dependent on Internet quality. Am in a 5G area so normally okay, and often better than a mobile call.

Thanks. For the new office we've set up with Goldfish.ie. I must look at Zoiper, as what you describe is exactly what I was looking for.

Back