Is it possible for a house to go from being "for sale" to "sold" in 2 days?

J

jake108

Just a quick query. Is it not "sale agreed" first or can it be "sold" as soon as a deposit is put down? Is it up to the estate agent? Under what circumstances would this happen?

Thanks in advance.

its possible but unusual in August

if you feel you could have made an offer you can always knock on the door and make it verbally to the homeowner, it often happens I assures you and sometimes leads to results.

The buyer would have to have the deposit and solicitors would have to have drawn up contracts, title may also have to be available.

if it was a very good price the EA could have 'sold' to 'a mate' but its not really gone till the contracts are signed .......hardly in 2 days.

off a visiting with ya

How do you know it only took 2 days? Are you basing it on having seen it in the estate agents window/website or sign still outside?

My last house went from "for sale" to "sold" in about 30 seconds because it was still on the market until I had contracts signed.

"Sale Agreed" is a state of mind.

nt00deep said:
My last house went from "for sale" to "sold" in about 30 seconds because it was still on the market until I had contracts signed.

"Sale Agreed" is a state of mind.

exactly - if the seller wants it that way then the property is still for sale until the contract is signed

Back