Is it Always So Difficult to Get Replies From eBay Sellers?

P

pod

I've just recently signed up with eBay, so as yet I haven't bought or sold anything, so I don't have any "Feedback Score", or "Positive Feedback" from sellers/buyers.

I've sent maybe 20 messages to different sellers about different items for sale on eBay; not complicated questions, just very basic questions which should take about five seconds to reply to. Though I haven't had one single reply from any of the different sellers!

Are sellers generally this difficult to get info from, or is it because I don't have any "Feedback Score" or "Positive Feedback" yet?

Thanks!

A motivated seller will answer any query, and I have to say I've never had your problem yourself.

Some sellers are not that interested in zero-rated buyers however, especially if they have an item that's going to attract a lot of bids. It would help if you explain your situation (i.e you are new but a serious bidder) in your query.

Having said that 20 blanks is very unusual. Are you sure you have set up your preferences properly? Have you tried with a different email address? I seem to remember having a problem with a particular email address before, could have been overzealous spam filtering or something.

Thanks extopia!

I was able to work out what was wrong, when you mentioned "email address" in your reply.

The email address I used to sign up to eBay is always spammed to death, so I don't even use it. I just cleared enough space in the spam to set my account up with eBay.

I was thinking that replies from sellers would be returned as private messages in the "My Messages" section of "My eBay"; but they don't appear to be and are actually being delivered to the e-mail address.

I'll have to change the e-mail address, as I don't fancy wading through all the spam to find replies!!

Thanks again!

Out of interest, when a seller replies to a message sent via the "Ask Seller a Question" section; does the seller actually get to see my e-mail address?

I've recently purchased an item off eBay and wasn't happy with it, I reported it directly to the seller with no response, I went through the paypal dispute console and still no reply!...........

There is a tick box in the send message screen that lets you hide your e-mail address.

Back