Is BT best value broadband at €45/month

The [broken link removed] has a link to tariff information for that phone package which is also bundled with some of their internet and phone combo packages in case that helps.

As most calls are to mobiles and not to other landlines this is an important bit of information to determine if it is a good package.
[broken link removed]. Gives national calls for 5cent connection fee (tarriff is 0cent p/m) and international calls FAR cheaper than most other suppliers (even cheaper than SkypeOut for any I've checked - USA for 0.5cent p/m [thats 35cent for an hour long phone call to the states]).

(No connection with the company other than being a very happy customer)
Looking at the BT charges on the link provided above (by ClubMan) I'd suggest you'd be better off using [broken link removed] for the mobile calls.

Costs are 10c p/m Monday to Friday and 5c p/m at the weekend. There is also a 5c connection fee for each call to any number, but for every call of over one minute you'd be making a saving over the standard BT cost. (for evening calls under one minute you may be better off dialing direct from the BT service [if a minimum call charge/time does not apply])

Worth looking at.

Went onto the BT website last Friday and hit the "call back" button. Presented my details and got a message saying they would call me - neber happened..... Hardly the best introduction to BT?

Roy

PS. is there some catch to 13434.ie or are all calls to landlines in Ireland free?

i was on Imagine. same price, but they wanted €50 connection to access cheaper rate even though i was with them already as my bb provider. moved to bt it seems slower and horrid customer service. should be cheaper?

PS. is there some catch to 13434.ie or are all calls to landlines in Ireland free?
There is a €0.05 connection fee for any/every call, but the tariff after that for national calls is free (€0.00 /min). So a national call for as long as you want for €0.05 (also without any porting, changing of numbers of filling out any other details [except for the initial form] and no commitment to stay [you just stop using the pre-dial when you don't want it]).

The international calls are the real benefit of the deal, calls to the states for €0.005 (half a cent) /min.
(all tariffs available on the web site and a pre message of the tariff about to be used can be set up for all calls)

I sometimes feel like a 13434 rep on here when I plug them, but since I've joined up I've had no problems what so ever and recieved an excellent service. Kept a very close eye on bills etc. as I too assumed some catch may be there but after quite a few bills not a single mistake or overcharge.

I've suggested it to every member of my family and friends and currently have my own phone, my parents and girlfriends connected through my account (with me paying the three bills other than line rental :eek:[very easy to add/remove numbers from your account]) and it's a fraction of my previous Eircom bills.
(can still be expensive if lots of mobile calls [5c/min (weekends) or 10c/min (weekdays) - still cheaper than Eircom btw] but if kept to landlines it really is superb!)

Again, no connection to the company other than a very satisified customer. I've no problem complaining when I recieve a poor service, but when something is good (and saves me money) I'll certainly praise it all I can!

You don't have to hang up after 59 minutes and then dial again to avail of low rates with 13434?

You don't have to hang up after 59 minutes and then dial again to avail of low rates with 13434?

Nope.

It was one of the catches I thought may have been thrown in, so kept a very close eye on it (no mention in the Ts&Cs so wasn't going to be happy if it had happened!). Some of the "free" calls from other providers do require that (Cinergi??) but not required with 13434.

As an example from the last invoice...

24-09-2006 18:15:02 04XXXXXXX 1:18:41 0.0500

Just shy of 1 hour 20 minutes on a national call for 5 cent. (obviously number hidden for privacy - it happens to be an after 6p.m. call but would have been the same cost made at any time - no peek/offpeak on national calls, just on mobiles [weekday/weekend] and potentially some international calls as I've only checked ones I might/would have used)

Think I've a couple of calls showing over two hours for the same cost but in previous invoices.

Have to say, the online invoicing system is superb. You can monitor your current bill to date, all previous invoices (all with 100% itemised detail) from your first day with the company. Not sure if it carries over to a new year as I only joined in March this year. You can also have the invoice e-mailed/faxed through to you directly from the online viewing facility (since August - so shows still developing the system even further).

So far, its been an "exactly as it says on the tin" experience. No hidden catches and no surprise costs. Vat is pre included in the billing (though the invoice is broken down to give the Vat amount where it might be needed).

Possible catch....
It does round up to the closest minute (1 minute 1 second is billed at two minutes) but given the savings this is more than worth it IMHO.
Racking my brain for any other negatives but really am struggling to fault it so far (in over seven months).

(Rates also available for calls from mobile numbers - though a different access number needed and my own provider, Vodafone, charges for the connection number so not that competitive - havn't looked into this fully so far, just know it cost more than the 5c connection fee for a call to a landline using the service and forgot about it since then.
Additional access number also available for any non-Eircom users [BT, Perlico, etc.] so still able to avail of the service [to the best of my knowledge]).

I second what Setanta has said , great service and cheaper than telestunt for foreign calls in a lot of cases - 0.5 cent per minute to France and USA for example with 5 cent setup charge - so Telestunt would be cheaper for a 2 or 3 minute call but after that....

Re: Is BT best value broadband at €45/month

Imagine is €9.99 pm for 12GB cap, free national calls if u want to take a look,
but I think they said they're shutting down. Dont know if it's true though?

www.imagine.ie

Back