Is Boris Finished?

What I liked about Boris was here was a guy whose default position throughout his life was denial and lies and he still managed to become Mayor of London and PM....Not only that but he then continued to deny and lie at every single opportunity and get away with it. Nobody is even sure how many kids he actually has..

The guy is a legend. I am not even writing him off now!!

I knew it!!!

Do they have some sort of expedited way of getting a new PM in without having to go through the whole consult the membership... I think that should only be done if you're in opposition. The serving PM if replaced in office should be elected by representatives. Otherwise you have this lame duck limbo period...

Do they have some sort of expedited way of getting a new PM in without having to go through the whole consult the membership...
Tory MPs will likely reduce it to two and the Darby and Joan Club will pick one on the line.

Can anyone ever remember a bigger implosion of a democractic country? It is beyond comprehension at this stage that they could even consider Boris, yet here he is, waiting outside the gates for permission to come back in. I never thought it would get to a stage where we (at least some of us) would be looking across the water with genuine pity.

Can we get serious for a while.......like what happens my bet?

Right before the end of Johnson's last reign - BF had a market "will BoJo be PM at Christmas?"
This was when the writing was well and truly on the wall for him and I took a Hail Mary price that indeed he would be - mostly as a kind of insurance that the narcissistic houdini would somehow continue to defy gravity.
The bet was naturally settled as a loser. But what now??!! Thoughts?

Can we get serious for a while.......like what happens my bet?

Right before the end of Johnson's last reign - BF had a market "will BoJo be PM at Christmas?"
This was when the writing was well and truly on the wall for him and I took a Hail Mary price that indeed he would be - mostly as a kind of insurance that the narcissistic houdini would somehow continue to defy gravity.
The bet was naturally settled as a loser. But what now??!! Thoughts?
Wow!! Very v. interesting. I'd say BF are crossing their fingers, though probably not too much at stake. Do you have a record of the precise Rules. I am surprised that BF settled as technically the event had not finished.

I don't have access to my laptop - less details available on my phone, I think? - I don't know the precise rules of that bet and I don't think the transaction history facility within BF gives this info?

Thankfully it looks very likely that Rishi Sunak will win through.

And going by what we have seen of him, I suspect quite a new and centrist style of leadership in the UK.

It may become "boring".

BoJo was kicked out, and for multiple good reasons, a few months ago.

It's truly pathetic and scary that he traded yesterday, admittedly briefly, at odds-on, on BF.

I get seduced into the entertainment value of all this sometimes. But when I stand back and think about it - my faith in the democratic system overall just gets further and further eroded. You simply can't trust the people and you certainly can't trust the politicians. It's not just the UK - Idiots, can and do and will get elected here, in the US there is the Trump, etc., etc.

Anyway, as peemac says, thankfully it looks like, right now, Sunak has the momentum.

Back