Is €120 enough to live off for a week after everything is paid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learningasigo

I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right forum so correct me if I'm wrong.

I need to know if this is good or a bad thing....

I get paid weekly. Out of my weekly payments my budget goes like this...

I have rent (I also pay weekly to keep a good track of it).
Savings fund that I save purposely for a deposit on a house for the future (that I know I won't dip into).
Another Savings fund that I use as a "Rainy day" fund that I know I can happily dip in and out of.
I do my food shopping every Friday (thank goodness for Aldi!)
I also have another "saving account" which I put money into for my tax and Car insurance that I never dip into either.

I have no loans or debts as I have recently paid it all off.

I just have one monthly payment which is my health insurance which isn't even that much.

Overall my payday is every Thursday. By Sunday, when shopping is paid for and all the savings and rent is paid for... I have €120 to play with until the next pay day which is obviously the following Thursday.

Is €120 more than enough to live off for a week? My friends have told me I'm an idiot for only having that amount and the fact I have two savings is ridiculous. I've explained one is for a purpose and one is for "fun money".

Last edited:
Hi Learningasigo,

Welcome to AAM.

It would be best if you were to post in the Money Makeover Forum and use this template to set out your financial goals etc. The info above is too basic overall to enable people to give you proper advice.

I will close off this thread and leave you to set that up. Things can be quiet on a bank holiday week-end so it may take a few days to get the full advice that you might need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back