iron gate and railing price /alternative

rustyjack

hi,
i have a 30 foot long concrete wall and pillars designed for a 9 foot wide gate at the front of my property. I have been quoted approx 2,000 euros by a number of companies in the cork area for 4 foot high * 9 foot wide wrought iron gate (galvanised and powder coated) and 2 foot high wrought iron railing * 30 foot length.
Does this price seem excessive?
I was hoping for half this price.

I dont want to close off the front of the house with a big wall and gate and want the "see-through" effect that the iron gate/railing gives you. I have not seen a nice wood equivalent - has anybody ?

Many thanks,
Rusty

That doesn't sound too bad to me but spread your net beyond Cork boy, vendors will travel for work in the current climate but watch out for import tax into the peoples republic. Check the yellow pages for alternative vendors.

It doesn't sound too bad actually.
Just yesterday, I was quoted €1,100 for a 5ft high x 12 ft wide gate (also galvanised and powder coated). €970 without the powder coat.
And I was keeping the design quite simple.

thanks for the replies. will try outside cork area.
the gate itself was always approx 1,000 euros and the railing approx 1,000 euros.

VOR, my design was very simple also but your price seems a good deal better than mine - according to the people i talked to, the price of the iron wasnt the problem, it was the amount of welding required so your price translated to my 9 foot should be 825 assuming mainly vertical bars in the design. Could you pm me the supplier please?

many thanks,
rusty

I'm in the market myself and had a look in some salvage yards for this type of stuff. Could be bargains to be had there I reckon.

Hello,
Try the following for a price. He does excellent work and is very competitive. Leslie Byrne @ 086 2790225. Mention 'Mens Action Network' as your referee.
He is in Castlecomer Co Kilkenny and I am sorry that I do not have his land number. He is well known in this region.
A very fair person to deal with.
Best wishes Browtal

Back