Irishman ruins Marathon

Am I the only one who read that he had serious psychiatric problems and, as such, is almost certainly not able to think rationally?

Rather than shower abuse on him, it might be more helpful to worry about how he should be medically treated, by whom and what responsibility the State/ Church has for its own mentally ill citizens/priests. Its also a real wake up call for people to realise that a lot of mental illness is not easily treatable. I nearly wept for his family when I saw them on the television last night - they were so mortified and felt almost responsible for his actions.

sally

He's not to be pitied completely either.

Personally, I would have loved the opporunity to attend both the British Grand Prix and the Olympics in successive years. Where does he get the money?

He may be off his rocker, but he's getting to see the world in the process.

Reprieve for Scartaglan

I see where he has said that Scartaglen will be saved on judgement day .. actually he went on to say that in fact the entire Slieve Lucra region will be Okay.

over reaction

Personally, I think there's been an over reaction to Horan's action. I also thought Joe Duffy was the biggest offender on his show today.
It was nutty, it was stupid but for goodness sake people, Horan dressed in a funny costume and pushed someone. Shure that happens every night of the week in cities and towns all over the world. Nobody was hurt, nobody died.
To be fair, I didn't see the whole incident live, only the very brief clip shown on RTE news programmes, so I have no idea how what happened affected the runner involved, how far ahead he was at the time, or by how much he was beaten to the line.
By the way, exactly what law was broken when he ran on to the F1 track or what he did in Athens?

I loved George Hamilton's reaction on RTE when he suddenly realised who he was "its that headcase we saw in Morton Stadium"!

idiot

The reason he got jail for silverstone was because his presence on the track could have caused one of the drivers to lose control while trying to advoid him (they are travelling at 180mph and do not expect to encounter pedestrians). Such an accident could result in injury or death, hence he was a danger to himself and others.

Three Strikes and he's OUT!

This was his second offence. I would expect that if he reoffends any where else in the world the book will be thrown at him.

What have we got against this Brazilian guy?

First a mad Kerry priest mauls him. Now Dublin is getting in on the act by inviting him here on his holidays.

Re: What have we got against this Brazilian guy?

Now Dublin is getting in on the act by inviting him here on his holidays.

I heard Ryan whatshisname on 2fm this morning saying we should all wait for him at the airport and then run and push him off the steps of the airplane when he's getting off ;)

Javolin

Strange how he did not try to disrupt the javolin or shot-putt?

Horan is a very brave man

Michael, that is an unworthy comment. This guy stood in front of F1 cars.

I thought his performance on Joe Duffy was excellent. Listen to the message, folks.

Javolins

"This guy stood in front of F1 cars."

Javolins don't have steering wheels..........

Why didn't he take one in the chest for Ireland?

The problem is he may have stopped a world record while doing so.

Pardophile

Heard the latest? Our hero is up on charges of indecency with a child.

The Catholic Church is trying to slither away from this nutcase, even claiming som ekudos in that they rumbled him before his recent eacapades.

Not so easy - the indecency charges relate back to 1990, when I am sure he was an upstanding member of the priesthood.

Charges

Maybe he obstructed the child during an eggnspoon race?

your man

I'm with nonrunner & Fadder Shamus on this one

The guy actually came across well on Joe Duffy. He came out with a lot of facts to defend his purpose.

Joe Duffy in turn used his tabloid tactics (like the World Cup team homecoming of 2002) to try to ridicule him and create media.

Personally I think they should lock up Joe Duffy! Impartial me ar$e

Re: your man

He came out with a lot of facts to defend his purpose.

You're joking right? Such as?

Re: your man

Would this be the first time a priest went for a Brazillian<g>?

marathon

"Would he have come first?"

No. Baldini (winner)was catching him very quickly. He may have kept second but this is also doubtful.

Back