Irishman ruins Marathon

G

gerry

The clown who ruined the chances of the Brazilian in the Marathon was the same idiot who ran onto the track at last years British Grand Prix. Cornelius "Neil"Horan.
The IOC have awarded the Pierre de Coubertein Medal to de Lima at the closing ceremony but the result will not be changed. Dreadful thing to happen at any sporting event.

At least the Irish Catholic church sussed him out early - [broken link removed]

Break plates on his head.

Gerry, excellent links. Well I hope that the Greek authorities deal with him in the proper manner, like locking him up and throwing away the key. I really pity the poor marathon runner. Would he have come first etc.

yeh what a jerk that fella is....I hope they make an example of him cos no doubt theres plenty of other loonies out there that would consider doing something like that and so a harsh punishment might act as a disincentive.

Felt so sorry for the Brazilian lad - poor fella probably worked his whole life towards putting himself in the position to win gold in that marathon and now he'll never have it. The marathon is all about rhythm and concentration and so theres no doubt that the athlete was greatly affected.

Just what did this idiot hope to achieve by doing this? Is he simply trying to promote the Bible? If so hes doing a real good job putting people off it.

Anybody else think that the security guard behind the runner isn't exactly going to be up for a medal for bravery after his not so fast reaction?

Re: ...

In fairness to the security guard (didn't know marathon runners had them!) it's not exactly the type of thing you'd be looking out for.
I'm just amazed that this guy was allowed travel to Greece given his antics at Silverstone.

I do feel very sorry for the Brazilian. I see they gave him the sportman of the games award (or something like that). I suppose it's a consolation for what he went through. I don't see how they could upgrade him mind you. I'm not sure that would be fair despite the unfairness of his predicament.

All the same, wasn't it great to see an Irishman out in front in the games' premier event?

Re: ..

He gets a 12 month suspended sentence. He hould have been locked up and the key thrown away!

Freed

Why shouldn't the Greeks free him? Would only cost them a packet to lock him up and he is no further threat to them.

Now if he returns to Ireland that is a different matter. This guy must be guilty of some very serious charge such as:

Treason

Bringing the country into disrepute

Commercial sabbotage

If this Irish priest was locked up for a very long, long time after his Silverstone Grand Prix outrage , there would have been an outcry from Ireland about British justice for an Irishman etc

Now look what the looney priest has done to our reputation before a worldwide audience.

OTT

Losing it a bit aren't we,
Treason ? - I'm lost for words
Bringing the country into disrepute ? - so you reckon that everyone in the world who saw that thinks that Ireland as a whole is responsible for the action of one nut
Commercial sabotage ? - I'm actually curious about this and would like an example of your line of thought.

So far this incident reflects badly on just one person and won't be remember next month beyond maybe being the "what happened next..." type sports quiz. I'd agree that a few months in the clink is warranted but lets not counter the actions one looney by becoming a nation of loons.

I agree with waltermitty there - we do need to keep some sense of perspective on this.

The guy is an absolute jerk and I can tell you that the Brazilian athlete is sure as hell one person who'll be remembering this for a longtime yet. I think a prison sentence is definitely merited to act as a disincentive to any other nutters contemplating stunts like this.

Did I hear correctly that the fella who interrupted the diving finals got 5 months in jail? Thats crazy if he did and this idiot gets away with assault. That said it seems that this mad priest would be better off in psychiatric care rather than in jail.

Cromes against the country

Walter, I'm in the Brazil Nut business. All morning the fons have been hopping cancelling my orders - commercial sabbotage, case proven.

Bringing country into disrepute. Hey we're all rotten proud of one Gold Medal - Sir Tony's media has us convinced it has done Ireland's reputation a world of good. If one guy can do so much positive for Ireland's reputation then QED one guy can also do it serious damage.

Treason? Okay, charge withdrawn. So whilst he shouldn't be hung drawn and quartered he should be forced to watch continual repeats of ROT for 24 hours - come to think of it he might opt for HDQ as a mercy plea.

Re: Cromes against the country

There is a chapter about this guy in Liam Fay's book "Beyond Belief". In fact the picture on the cover on the book is none other than the dancing nutcase himself all done up in his Irish Dancing costume.

Apparently he wears the kilt etc so that he'll be ready to dance for This post will be deleted if not edited immediately when the day of judgement comes. :rolleyes

It's a good book if you're into reading about the nuttier aspects of religion in Ireland.

-Rd

Didn't that guy appear in Fr Ted - the mad dancing priest? [Ted borrowed his car for the raffle]

Re: .

No it's not the same guy!
As far out and wierd as Fr. Ted got it never came close
to this guy.

-Rd

Passport

This fruitcake should be stripped of his passport, to stop him doing this sort of thing outside the British Isles in future

A disgrace to Ireland

waltermitty argues
So far this incident reflects badly on just one person and won't be remember next month
I disagree. It is the idea of a priest dressed in an Irish tricolour kilt that reinforces our worst caricature. Imagine if he was a fat lout in Union Jack shorts with Fcuk Me blazoned across his chest. We would all nod and say "typical".

Back