Irish Times "4 reasons why Investabill beats having your savings on deposit"

Brendan Burgess

Founder
https://www.irishtimes.com/sponsored/investabill

upload_2018-5-9_14-20-49.png

There are no details. No link to a website.

The ad in the newspaper at least points out that it is unregulated.

Brendan

Here is the website

https://www.investabill.com/risk

• Historical data may not be a reliable indication for the future
  • Risk category shown is not guaranteed and may shift over time
  • The lowest category does not mean ‘risk free’
  • Investabill™ ETR are in this category due to low volatility and consistent performance
  • Safeguard on Investor funds uses 4-Tier Capital Protection
Risk & Reward indicator does not adequately capture:
  • Counterparty risk of AIG failure, or refusal, to settle insurance claims
  • Investments in Advance ETR/c-ETR purchased by Credebt Exchange on its own account
  • Operational risk relating to the safekeeping of assets or funds
  • SRRI Value based on 2-Years’ data only

ETR ARE NEITHER A FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT NOR AN INVESTMENT INSTRUMENT AND CREDEBT EXCHANGE IS NOT REGULATED BY THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRELAND AS A RESULT OF OPERATING THE EXCHANGE AND PROVIDING THE EXCHANGE SERVICES

Hi Gordon

Why is it misleading? The comparison with deposits?

I have looked at the two Irish Times ads and the website, and I am no better informed as to what the product is.

Brendan

Hi Gordon

Why is it misleading? The comparison with deposits?

I have looked at the two Irish Times ads and the website, and I am no better informed as to what the product is.

Brendan

It’s invoice discounting, Brendan.

You give me your money, I give it to companies with poor cashflow and a high level of debtors. They pay me 10% and I give you 2%.

It’s invoice discounting
Even worse. It's invoice discounting that tries to hide the fact it's invoice discounting.

All this talk of "4 Tier capital protections", and AIG insurance. Smoke and mirrors stuff.

They made up their risk classification. Sorry, calculated themselves, based on return over 2 years. There's no representation of the real risk involved. On the same basis property investment would be currently risk free.

I have been looking carefully at those seedlings in the advertisement.

I was wondering what they are. They might be Oaks, but I suspect they will all turn to Ashes

Back