Irish tax in the Uk

GrahamHiggins

Hi I recently set up a company in Ireland, small business, small trade. Certainly not vat.

I popped over to uk to do a bit of work on a job here. But how do I invoice the company I'm working for now?

As a sole trader in U.K.?
As a business in Ireland?

Thanks

Just to clarify, I assume the company you are invoicing is the UK entity which you are working for and not your own company. I also assume that whey you say you "set up a company" you mean you set up a limited liability company and not a business name or similar.

• €37,500 for services turnover, is the Reg threshold for VAT. Ensure you are not over this amount.
  • If you spend over 6 months in the UK under the DTA this can mean your company may be taxable in the UK so be careful of this. Ensure you don't inadvertently set up a permanent establishment in the UK.
If any of the above apply seek an advisor to get professional advice. If none of the above apply just invoice the UK individual from the company without charging VAT like you would to an Irish customer.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks.
I'm just sole trader in Ireland, but was unsure how I would tax myself in U.K.

Is money earned in U.K. to be taxed in Uk, or do I add this money to my Irish accounts and pay tax on it in Ireland?

Back