Irish shares on Degiro

Declan123

Some iseq shares on the Degiro platform don't seem to be available to buy, Aib for instance, but the price still fluctuates when I check the price on aertel. Is this because of the Corona situation?
I'm new to all this if you haven't already guessed.

This site is a brilliant resource, really appreciate having it available to me.

AIB Group shares *are* on Degiro...

Shares in any company fluctuate in value for all sorts of reasons not just one.

Sorry I could have put the question better. I know they are listed on degiro but there is no bid/ask price, performance graph ect. There seems to be no activity with many of the Irish shares. I bought some bank of Ireland which was straight forward. I could see movement in price in real time.
I don't have much experience with this, maybe I'm missing something.

AIB is c. 70% state owned so practically nationalised.
Even a 2 minute search would uncover that info.
That's probably part of the reason for what you describe.
I'm still not really clear on what you're asking about.
And why are you buying Irish bank shares?
Is this a logical and appropriate part of your overall investment portfolio?

I know they are listed on degiro but there is no bid/ask price, performance graph ect
I don't use Degiro, but I know that they don't have direct access to Euronext Dublin. All the transactions are via Morgan Stanley. They might have limited information (i.e. not paying for it).
For Irish listed companies with dual listings you'll see the information from the other exchange.

Last edited:
I put this question directly to Degiro. Here's their reponse:
DEGIRO is aware that the AIB price feed is not updating. DEGIRO does not receive price feeds from the exchange but from Chi-X, this is the case for some products with limited liquidity. As such AIB is a category D product and is less liquid.
To avoid providing incorrect pricing data, the product is set to only display end of day pricing.
Please note, that this does not impact your ability to place order, and they are matched real- time via the electronic order book. For market data, you can refer to e.g., Euronext exchange page.
I'm not entirely convinced that showing a price from a previous day is any less misleading than showing that of the most recent transaction, but that's their position.

Is it possible to buy call options on irish shares via Degiro? I don't see BOI listed on Eurex or Euronext for instance

Back