Irish Self-Catering Holidays - many already booked out for next year

Drakon

Had the chats with my “landlady”, ie owner of the self-catering holiday home, when handing back the key yesterday.
I asked her to pencil us in for next year, and she said she’d already done so. And that for the first time ever she’s already booked out for the following summer. And that a number of her acquaintances with holidays in Connemara are also booked out.

Maybe that’s just Connemara, and/or maybe it’s just self-catering. I know plenty of people that want(ed) to holiday in Ireland this summer but could not find suitable accommodation. I assume they’re not going to chance losing out again in 2021 so are booking now.

Yeah but that can all change if they get a handle on the virus. A year is a long time.

A lot of v decent (esp good value) self catering books out quickly. Mainly as it’s best value for families and not completing with tourists. Plenty of hotel and airbnb options still available.

Yeah but that can all change if they get a handle on the virus. A year is a long time.
True, but it could go either way. Back when the roadmap was released it looked like I’d miss the first few days of the holiday. The acceleration of the phases made it happen on time.

I’ve already missed one trip this year, to a wedding in Italy in May. That has been rescheduled for May 2021 but already the bride to be is doubting it’ll go ahead.

A lot of v decent (esp good value) self catering books out quickly. Mainly as it’s best value for families and not completing with tourists. Plenty of hotel and airbnb options still available.
A friend of mine flew home from New York three weeks ago. He flew into Dublin to visit family in Cork. The only accommodation he could find for the purpose of two week self isolation was in Clonmel. He looked for somewhere closer to Cork, and worked back from there in the direction of Dublin.

Dropped a cheque in the post today as 25% deposit towards next years holiday. A good 48 weeks in advance! One less thing to thing about, I s’pose.

Back