Irish pubs in Munich

LBT

Hi

I'm hoping you can help going to be in Munich for the all ireland final in September. I want to see the final can anyone recommend a good pub to watch the match??

Hi

I'm hoping you can help going to be in Munich for the all ireland final in September. I want to see the final can anyone recommend a good pub to watch the match??

There is an Irish/Ozzie pub right beside the Cathedral - name escapes me but they could be showing it.

Killians/Ned Kellys is the hybrid pub behind the Frauenkirche church.

They will definitely show it as I watched Cork v Roscommon there , stick to the large bottles of Augustiner Helles beer - draught wasn't great .

Hi LBT,The Bar Luckycharm is referring to is KILLIANS Irish bar.Ned kelly,s aussie bar is next to that.killians is just beside the cathederal as Luckycharm says.If you google munich tripadvisor forum,someone has asked the same question re..all ireland final.Someone responded with a link which might be of help.

Why travel to Munich and find the need to find an Irish pub? I can assure you that you will find Bavarian beer kellers (halls) alot more facinating.

Just wondering what the OP thought of Munich in September if he/she was there before Oktoberfest got going? Or anyone else been there in early September/late August and have any opinions on social life there at that time?

The accommodation outside of Oktoberfest times is much cheaper (it's not cheap by German standards but at least its not as over inflated as it is during the festival.) Weather wise the end of the summer is a good time to be there (I was there mid August) and there is nightlife and beer gardens there all year round, I think visiting outside of Oktoberfest is a better option.

We watched a match in the Shamrock Irish pub near the English garden, easy to get to and a few good food spots nearby for post match grub.

Thanks guys...sounds good I was there in August before...nut maybe earlier in August and was great but I got lucky with a bunch of English speakers I met in a hostel so turned out great...this time there are two of us so hopefully as good again that bit later...I imagine weather will still be mild enough too still at that stage?

Back