Irish news app for Android?

Spear

Can anyone recommend a good daily Irish news app for Android?

Journal.ie is quite good, but is extremely slowed down by an auto-refresh. I think I've reached the limit of my patience with it :mad:

I have used RTE before, but it's since ben updated and the reports about it are not very complimentary.

On a non-Irish basis, I think the BBC app is excellent. Well laid out and very fast. An Irish version of that would be perfect!!

You could use the Google Reader app and subscribe to multiple feeds (news or not) - BBC, RTE, Sky News, Irish Independent, the Herald etc etc...

The feeds can be setup in 'folders' and you can pick a folder - e.g. "News" to be the default folder for the Reader widget on your home screen - the widget will then display a number indicating unread stories so you can see without opening it if there's anything new.

The Journal has an app for android in Google Play, in terms of breaking news and some details (at least what you would be reading on a mobile device) i find them perfectly fine.

The Irish Times app is not bad, although the cross-section of new items presented isn't customisable (I've no interest in sports news, for example, but can't remove that feed).

+1 for google reader (with Flipboard)

I use Flipboard with google reader and it nicely brings news from Google Reader, twitter and facebook together - making news stories out of twitter/facebook links posted.

Subscriptions include RTE, the Journal, ClareFM, (& a load of tech feeds) etc

Back